Episode 214

Barbenheimer Begins

Shambolic start to this week as we reveal an ongoing saga behind the scenes regarding our bank account - we know, riveting stuff. Kush goes full Karen at some poor bank branch workers before donning the tin foil hat as everyone tries to steal his data. The FIFA Women’s World Cup is currently on in Australia (and New Zealand) and Miguel gives us his unfiltered opinion on the Matilda’s exhilarating 1-0 win over Ireland in their opening game.

We also bring back a fan favourite segment, “Bullslut” but with a twist this week in “Bullslut: Battle Royale.” Before we dive in, we finally reveal the forfeit for this season of games. In case you missed it, we have been tallying the scores of the games after every week and come the end of September, the loser will be doing the Maccas Challenge where they must sit in a McDonald’s for 24 hours, however for every burger they eat, an hour is taken off the clock. Anyway in “Bullslut: Battle Royale,” it’s Team Rohit and Miguel vs Team Kush and Sen and let’s just say it doesn’t end well for one team.

“Banter Reviews” is back after a long hiatus as we look at the global phenomenon that is Barbenheimer. We’ve tweaked the format of this segment slightly to make it more palatable - with an overall rating out of 10, rather than 5 different scores out of 8.

Also this week: Commonwealth Bank, Mexican Waves, the patriarchy and Mattel.

Segments this week:

The Logue: Tired of reaching around each other (at least on the podcast), the boys have instead decided to reach around the week’s news stories, events and viral trends.

Bullslut: Battle Royale: A more aggressive take on our traditional bullslut game where the boys now gang up on each other with no mercy.

Banter Reviews: The boys “review” things and give them obviously logical ratings, to be honest we’re not even sure how this segment works.

FULL PODCAST EPISODES

🔽 APPLE PODCASTS: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-critical-banter-podcast/id1453453320

🔽 SPOTIFY: https://sptfy.com/criticalbanter

🔽 WEBSITE: https://www.criticalbanter.com

SOCIALS (@criticalbanter)

🐦 TWITTER: https://twitter.com/criticalbanter

📸 INSTAGRAM: http://www.instagr.am/criticalbanter

👍 FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/criticalbanter

👪 FACEBOOK GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/tcbappreciationsociety

📱 TIKTOK: https://www.tiktok.com/@criticalbanter

🎬 YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/criticalbanter

FOLLOW THE BOYS:

📸 MIGUEL: http://www.instagr.am/miggybrahhh

📸 ROHIT: http://www.instagr.am/robro1

📸 SEN: http://www.instagr.am/sen.thav

📸 KUSH: http://www.instagr.am/kushyyk

MUSIC by

Loxbeats: https://soundcloud.com/loxbeats

About the Podcast

Show artwork for The Critical Banter Podcast
The Critical Banter Podcast

About your host

Profile picture for Critical Banter

Critical Banter

Established by 4 high-school friends in 2018, Critical Banter was formed through a shared love of comedy, entertainment and gaming. The launch of the podcast in 2019 was, at first, to validate their humour beyond their family and friends.

Now, The Critical Banter Podcast is a fast-growing comedy podcast that emulates the feel of late-night shows and engages heavily with their listeners to create relatable content - including story-telling, games and Q&As.